- Single Ticket With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction, in the Hamburg AB zone or in all zones. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- Short Journey With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction, in the Hamburg AB zone. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. It is only valid when travelling on one section of a line or route, i.e. to the edge of the fare zone in which you started your trip. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- Local Journey With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. It is only valid when travelling on two sections of a line or route, i.e. to the edge of the first fare zone beyond the fare zone in which you started your trip. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- 9 am Day Ticket With this day ticket you can travel with up to 3 children (6-14 years) as often as you like. It is valid from Monday to Friday from midnight to 6 am and then from 9 am till 6 am the following day. It can be used all day long on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- 9 am Group Ticket With this day ticket you can travel as often as you like with up to 4 other people. It is valid Monday to Friday, from midnight to 6 am and then from 9 am to 6 am the following day. It can be used all day long on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- All-Day Ticket With this day ticket you can travel as often as you like with up to 3 children (6-14 years old). It is valid until 6 am the following day.
- Weekly ticket: With this season ticket you can make any number of trips within the AB area (Rings A-F) for 7 days (e.B Wednesday to next Wednesday 6 o'clock). This season ticket is also available without a photo, but please carry an official photo ID.
You can download and register for hvv switch free of charge. There’s no basic fee. You only pay for what you actually book or purchase when using our app.
Fare Zone – Hamburg AB The fare zone known as “Hamburg AB” covers the entire Hamburg metropolitan area, as well as some surrounding towns and villages. Please refer to Rings A and B on the HVV pricing map. Fare Zone – Gesamtbereich Hamburg ABCDE The fare zone known as “Gesamtbereich Hamburg ABCDE” covers the entire Hamburg metropolitan area, in addition to the surrounding regions of Herzogtum Lauenburg, Pinneberg, Segeberg, Stormarn, Harburg, Lüneburg and Stade.
You can park in any publicly accessible parking lot (free of charge within the business areas) of a city, the hvv switch points and in the designated areas at Hamburg Airport. In "parking ticket zones" please be sure to use a parking disc. A parking ticket is not required here. In designated "parking disc zones", the parking time is also limited. Please use the parking disc in your car and display it visibly. The rental period cannot be terminated in "parking disc zones", but intermediate parking is possible.
Comprehensive overviews of the basic parking rules can also be found at SIXT share, WeShare and MILES. Familiarize yourself with the parking rules and note that other rules apply outside the Hamburg business area.
Basically, the parking guidelines apply according to the locally valid road traffic regulations.
As a MOIA user you can book for up to five additional people. The fare will then be calculated for all passengers and charged to your hvv switch account. Please remember to enter the number of people travelling with you when you make a booking request in the hvv switch app.When it comes to car sharing, you may travel with as many people as there are seats with seatbelts.
You cannot cancel a hvv ticket you've purchased in the hvv switch app. If a technical error occurs during a purchase however, please contact hvv switch customer service. We will then check whether cancellations can be made on a case-by-case basis.
Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about this. That’s because hvv tickets can’t be cancelled. If the double booking is due to a technical error, please contact hvv switch customer service.
Your ticket purchased using the hvv switch app, for the hvv community tariff, is valid immediately after purchase. The 120-second countdown after you’ve completed your purchase indicates to inspectors whether your ticket was purchased in good time before you entered an area where a valid ticket is required.
On the hvv switch points you may park all cars booked via hvv switch, i.e. cars of the providers SIXT share and MILES. In addition, Cambio and SHARE NOW cars may be parked.
For SIXT share use: You may only park cars from the SIXT share fleet. Cars that originate from the SIXT rental car pool and do not belong to SIXT share may not be parked or parked there.
You can register for the hvv switch app by downloading it on your smartphone, opening it, and then simply following the instructions in the app. Please remember to confirm your e-mail address. After registering you can choose from three different options at the moment:
- hvv ticket purchases
- MOIA shuttle bookings
- SIXT share and MILES car rentals
- TIER and Voi eScooter rentals
The app will guide you through the purchase and booking process. You will receive a separate invoice by e-mail for each service you buy or order. More services will be added to the hvv switch app over time.