- Single Ticket With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction, in the Hamburg AB zone or in all zones. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- Short Journey With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction, in the Hamburg AB zone. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. It is only valid when travelling on one section of a line or route, i.e. to the edge of the fare zone in which you started your trip. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- Local Journey With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. It is only valid when travelling on two sections of a line or route, i.e. to the edge of the first fare zone beyond the fare zone in which you started your trip. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- 9 am Day Ticket With this day ticket you can travel with up to 3 children (6-14 years) as often as you like. It is valid from Monday to Friday from midnight to 6 am and then from 9 am till 6 am the following day. It can be used all day long on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- 9 am Group Ticket With this day ticket you can travel as often as you like with up to 4 other people. It is valid Monday to Friday, from midnight to 6 am and then from 9 am to 6 am the following day. It can be used all day long on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- All-Day Ticket With this day ticket you can travel as often as you like with up to 3 children (6-14 years old). It is valid until 6 am the following day.
- Weekly ticket: With this season ticket you can make any number of trips within the AB area (Rings A-F) for 7 days (e.B Wednesday to next Wednesday 6 o'clock). This season ticket is also available without a photo, but please carry an official photo ID.
You can download and register for hvv switch free of charge. There’s no basic fee. You only pay for what you actually book or purchase when using our app.
As a MOIA user you can book for up to five additional people. The fare will then be calculated for all passengers and charged to your hvv switch account. Please remember to enter the number of people travelling with you when you make a booking request in the hvv switch app.When it comes to car sharing, you may travel with as many people as there are seats with seatbelts.
Your ticket purchased using the hvv switch app, for the HVV community tariff, is valid immediately after purchase. The 120-second countdown after you’ve completed your purchase indicates to inspectors whether your ticket was purchased in good time before you entered an area where a valid ticket is required.
Unfortunately there’s nothing you can do about this. That’s because hvv tickets can’t be cancelled. If the double booking is due to a technical error, please contact hvv switch customer service.
You can register for the hvv switch app by downloading it on your smartphone, opening it, and then simply following the instructions in the app. Please remember to confirm your e-mail address. After registering you can choose from three different options at the moment:
- hvv ticket purchases
- MOIA shuttle bookings
- SIXT share and MILES car rentals
- TIER eScooter rentals
The app will guide you through the purchase and booking process. You will receive a separate invoice by e-mail for each service you buy or order. More services will be added to the hvv switch app over time.
You can park SIXT share or MILES cars free of charge in any publicly accessible car park located within the service regions in a particular city, on the hvv switch stations and on Sixt share / MILES parking spaces at the Hamburg Airport. Please make sure you display a parking disc in “parking ticket zones”. You don’t need to purchase a parking ticket here. In areas with signs indicating “parking disc zones”, the time you are permitted to park is also limited. Please display the parking disc in your car in a way that is clearly visible. You cannot end a rental and leave the car in one of these “parking disc zones”, but it is possible to park there for a limited time during your rental.
You will find a comprehensive summary of the basic parking regulations for SIXT share in Hamburg by visiting SIXT share and MILES. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with these rules and note that different rules apply outside the Hamburg service region.
As a general rule, parking guidelines apply according to local road traffic regulations. You can find out here in our FAQ what you need to pay attention to when parking outside of a service region, or in a multi-storey car park.
You can park all cars booked using hvv switch at hvv switch stations. In other words, all cars rented from the provider SIXT share and MILES. In addition to that you can park Cambio and SHARE NOW cars at hvv switch stations.
Important: You may only park vehicles from the SIXT share and MILES fleet. You are not permitted to park any vehicles belonging to the SIXT rental car pool that are not part of the SIXT sharing fleet. For technical reasons, the charging points cannot yet be used for SIXT share vehicles.
You cannot cancel a hvv ticket you've purchased in the hvv switch app. If a technical error occurs during a purchase however, please contact hvv switch customer service. We will then check whether cancellations can be made on a case-by-case basis.
A so-called MOIA stop is a virtual stop. It isn’t marked in any visible way for pedestrians and can only be viewed on the map in the hvv switch app where it is shown as an address. Since the address of the stop is displayed in the hvv switch app, you can use the app to find it. The map will also show you though whether or not you’re in the right place. These stops can be found throughout MOIA’s service region in Hamburg. The walking distance from anywhere within this region will usually be no more than 250 metres. The stops are clearly defined. MOIA drivers aren’t able to take you and other passengers directly to your front door like a taxi would.