Yes, when using hvv Any, the app must be running the entire time and must not be closed, otherwise no data can be recorded for the calculation of the journey. This does not mean that the screen has to be switched on all the time or that no other apps can be used on your smartphone while you are using hvv Any. The hvv Any app must not be closed. If the app is not active for too long (max. 2 minutes) your driving authorisation will be withdrawn.
In the short term, it may help to perform the initial activation with a stable internet connection (e.g. in WLAN) and / or to close and restart the app.
In principle, hvv An allows you to take up to four people with you - children as well as adults. The settings for this can be found above the "Start journey" button, and the number of persons can be edited using the stylus. The settings remain valid throughout the day unless you actively change them before the next journey.
With hvv Any you can only use public transport such as S-Bahn, U-Bahn, regional trains, buses and ferries in the HVV area. The travel entitlement is valid within the hvv tariff area in the rings A-F (excluding the district of Steinburg). You can find the geographical tariff map of the hvv here.
When hvv Any has found out that you are no longer travelling and you are no longer at a stop, you can either check out yourself or hvv Any will do it for you. This can also happen a little later. However, you will only be charged up to the last stop to which you travelled or at which you got off. It doesn't matter how long you stay checked in afterwards.
If you change trains, busses or ferries, you remain checked in because hvv Any recognises that you are still at a stop. If a change takes longer, please check if you are still checked in before continuing your journey. Sometimes, if the waiting time is very long, hvv Any may assume that you have finished your journey. If you are no longer checked in but would like to continue your journey, simply check yourself in again.
When you are checked in, your active journey will be displayed in the app after 90 seconds. If you click on the active journey, your valid ticket will open. If you have checked in, but the hvv Any ticket is not there when you roll over a ticket, this is unfortunately considered to be travelling without a valid ticket for the time being. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will check whether there was a technical problem.
Depending on the smartphone, it can take up to 30 seconds for the current location to be determined when location services are activated. So if you see this error message in the tariff area, your location has not yet been determined by the location services of the smartphone. This can be prevented by activating the location services permanently or by allowing an appropriate amount of time to elapse between the start of the app, including activation of the location services, and the start of the journey.
How hvv Any works
- You activate hvv Any before you start your journey, so that hvv Any recognises your starting point in the hvv as well as the bus, train or ferry you are using. hvv Any then creates a ticket for you that covers 100% of your journey with the hvv.
- hvv Any then remembers your journeys, even if you change trains. So you don't have to do anything actively. Before activating hvv Any, you can add up to four children and/or adults; also within the day for a new journey.
- You will only be checked out of the hvv when hvv Any recognises that you are obviously no longer travelling in the hvv.
- In the background, hvv Any will calculate the cheapest ticket for all your journeys. You will then receive an invoice for this on the following day.
What hvv Any offers
- Simple, fast and intuitive. You no longer have to actively buy a ticket yourself (in the sense of several steps: Enter A and B, confirm purchase function, etc.).
- Effortless, time-saving and foolproof: you no longer need to know or care about fares.
- Flexible, simplifying and fair. You always travel at the lowest price without having to worry about how much, how long and where you are going.