You can only end the rental in the same country that the vehicle was initially rented. Either within the service region of a particular city where our sharing partner operate, at a hvv switch point within the Hamburg service region, or at a SIXT station (when you have rented a SIXT share car). You must make sure that the vehicle is properly parked in a designated parking space on a public road where parking is permitted for a 48-hour period in accordance with road traffic regulations. The rental vehicle may not be left in parking zones with parking discs or in resident parking spaces.
If you’d like to return your car to a SIXT share station, you can find more information here.
In principle, parking is not permitted in the following places or on the following areas:
- In multi-storey car parks, underground car parks or on other covered parking spaces
- In private parking (parking garage, backyard)
- In residential parking lots
- In parking spaces with a time limit, which still comes into force within 48h after parking the vehicle (see GTC).
- On marked parking spaces for electric vehicles (exception: electric vehicles)
- In no-parking areas that are outlined in red on the map in the hvv switch app