You must be in possession of valid documents and show validation to be able to make use of car sharing services. Whenever you receive new ID documents, you should have them re-validated straight away, or just before you start your journey at the latest.
You will only need your e-mail address for the initial registration. Please remember to confirm your e-mail address. Depending on the mobility partner(s) you are using, you’ll need enter additional information. You can find out more here
With the hvv switch charging infrastructure, there is no time limit for the charging process.
- Circle around the area a bit to give the GPS a chance to locate you properly.
- Restart the hvv switch app and checks whether there are any new updates in the App Store.
If you still can't finish your ride, please check if you are within the allowed zone (designated business area). Areas outside the business zone and the prohibition zones are marked in red. Note that you cannot end your journey outside the business area or in a prohibited zone.
If none of the options solve the problem, please contact the hvv switch customer service (by e-mail with screenshots of the error you receive in the app, the ID of the TIER eScooter and a description of the problem.
For more information on using the charging infrastructure for our mobility partner SHARE NOW, please visit this page. If you have any concerns, such as a missing charging cable, please contact the customer service of the mobility partner directly.
In case of technical difficulties with the charging station, please contact Stromnetz Hamburg at the toll-free number 0800/300 60 20 20. The hotline is available 24/7. Please note that Stromnetz Hamburg needs the charging point number. You can find it on the side above the charging station.
The hvv switch points are displayed in the car sharing section of the hvv switch app, in the map view, as red pins with a hvv switch icon.
If you haven’t rented a car at that particular moment, it works like this:
- A small number on the pin shows you the number of cars that can be booked using the hvv switch app.
- Clicking on the hvv switch point will show you the name and address of the hvv switch point, along with details about the cars that can be rented with hvv switch. The available cars can be clicked on. This gives you access to all the details and, if you wish, lets you start a reservation or rental.
- Both the distance and walking distance to the particular hvv switch point are displayed to you directly on the map in the app.
Important: Vehicles from other providers such as SHARE NOW, MILES and Cambio can be parked at hvv switch points. Please note though that these vehicles are not displayed in the detailed view of the parked vehicles due to the fact that these providers aren’t yet integrated into the hvv switch app and cannot yet be booked using hvv switch.
If you’re currently driving in a rented car, this is how it works:
- During an ongoing reservation or rental, the way you see the pins changes in the app: The simple number at the top right of the pin (rentable cars) becomes a “PX”. The “X” in “PX” stands for the number of free parking spaces at the particular hvv switch point. This is designed to help you find a parking space to park up the car.
- If you find or are shown a hvv switch station with charging infrastructure, you will notice another number on the pin, namely one with a lightning symbol. This number indicates how many charging points are currently available at the hvv switch station.
Unfortunately not. It isn’t possible to make a reservation or advance booking using the hvv switch app.
SIXT share and WeShare cars can be reserved for 15 minutes, MILES cars for 10 minutes. If you do not start the rental within this time, the reservation expires free of charge and the car is released again.
Yes. The maximum load limit for a TIER eScooter is 100 kg. Keep in mind that this includes any personal belongings you may be carrying with you.
Unfortunately, this is not yet possible with the hvv switch.