The hvv switch points are displayed in the car sharing section of the hvv switch app, in the map view, as red pins with a hvv switch icon.
If you haven’t rented a car at that particular moment, it works like this:
- A small number on the pin shows you the number of cars that can be booked using the hvv switch app.
- Clicking on the hvv switch point will show you the name and address of the hvv switch point, along with details about the cars that can be rented with hvv switch. The available cars can be clicked on. This gives you access to all the details and, if you wish, lets you start a reservation or rental.
- Both the distance and walking distance to the particular hvv switch point are displayed to you directly on the map in the app.
Important: Vehicles from other providers such as SHARE NOW, MILES and Cambio can be parked at hvv switch points. Please note though that these vehicles are not displayed in the detailed view of the parked vehicles due to the fact that these providers aren’t yet integrated into the hvv switch app and cannot yet be booked using hvv switch.
If you’re currently driving in a rented car, this is how it works:
- During an ongoing reservation or rental, the way you see the pins changes in the app: The simple number at the top right of the pin (rentable cars) becomes a “PX”. The “X” in “PX” stands for the number of free parking spaces at the particular hvv switch point. This is designed to help you find a parking space to park up the car.
- If you find or are shown a hvv switch station with charging infrastructure, you will notice another number on the pin, namely one with a lightning symbol. This number indicates how many charging points are currently available at the hvv switch station.