Your fleet for the whole of Hamburg.
With hvv switch and SIXT share there’s the right vehicle for absolutely everyone. Whether you’re looking for an e-car, a compact class car, a limousine or an estate. You’ll find a wide range of different vehicles with SIXT share. Always ready and waiting to take you where you need to go.
How to use SIXT share with hvv switch:
- Activate your driving licence once in the hvv switch app.
- Select a car in our app, which you can reserve free of charge for up to 15 minutes.
- You can open the car you reserved using the app. Then all you have to do is get in and drive off.
- It costs just 9 cents per minute to use the car.
- To end your journey, simply park the vehicle somewhere within the SIXT share service region in Hamburg. You can then end the rental very simply using the hvv switch app.
- You can then rent SIXT share cars at any time using hvv switch. Without having to create an account with SIXT share.
Conditions for use:
- You are at least 21 years old and have a valid class B driving licence (which you’ve held for at least one year and is valid for at least another 28 days)
- You need to activate your driving licence one time only using our app.
- You will have to select a PIN in our hvv switch app
This can all be done very quickly and easily using our app.
The service allows you to rent a car near you at any time – either for just a few minutes or up to a maximum of 27 days.
The rental costs are calculated dynamically per minute. The current price per minute depends on the vehicle category, the rental period and, if the kilometre limit is exceeded, the distance that you travelled.
Additional charges may apply for rentals and returns at certain locations (e.g. airports or SIXT stations). You can find out more about SIXT share here.
The service region of SIXT share
The service region in Hamburg covers the centre of the city and surrounding districts. You can find out more here: SIXT share service region.
SIXT share cars are also currently available throughout Germany, e.g. in Berlin and Munich as well as at selected SIXT stations in Cologne, Duisburg, Stuttgart and Augsburg, among others. There is also a Dutch SIXT share offer, which is even available in Amsterdam, The Hague and Rotterdam with a 100% electric fleet.
The service hours of SIXT share
You can rent vehicles from SIXT share spontaneously and at any time of the day or night. You are not limited in any way here.
Your SIXT share fleet
With the hvv switch app and SIXT share you can rent both petrol-fuelled and electric cars from brands including Audi, BMW, VW, Opel, Peugeot, Renault, Tesla and Skoda. You can view all available vehicles by visiting SIXT share.
Tax & Protection
- All taxes as well as fully comprehensive and theft protection are already included. However, there is still an excess per claim of € 950 for SIXT share Premium cars at € 1,500.
- The number of kilometres included per trip or journey varies depending on the vehicle you have chosen. In the case of petrol-fuelled vehicles, this is 200 km per trip For electric vehicles it is 50 km per trip, and for the VW Crafter it is 120 km per trip.
Petrol & electricity
- Petrol and electricity costs are also included. If you still need to refuel your SIXT share car, you will first need to pay the costs yourself. Once your journey is over, send the receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your booking number, registration number and bank account details. SIXT will then reimburse the costs after checking them.
- E-vehicles can be charged at the public charging infrastructure using a fuel card in the car. It is also possible to charge e-vehicles at several hvv switch point locations, you can find out exactly where here
- Parking fees in public car parks located within the service region are free of charge. Of course, you can also make use of our hvv switch points when driving with SIXT share cars.